Halloween is just around the corner — and this pumpkin cake is a great way to entertain family and friends. The recipe is also simple enough that kids or grandkids can help out. Carve your pumpkins and then enjoy this easy fall dessert.
- 1 15oz can pumpkin puree (NOT pie filling)
- 1 10oz can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 box yellow cake mix (just the dry mix)
- 2 sticks of butter melted
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix the pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar and pumpkin pie spice mix in a bowl with a whisk
- Pour the pumpkin pie filling into a greased 9X13 baking pan
- Sprinkle yellow cake mix evenly over the top
- Pour melted butter over the cake mix
- Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes, until center is set and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Mix the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla in a bowl with a whisk until smooth. Pour over the top of the cake while it’s warm. Let it cool and harden to a sweet crackled glaze on the top.
- Additions/subtractions: Add chopped toasted pecans bits, or toffee bit to the top for a nice crunch. Or, skip the glaze and serve cake warm with vanilla ice cram or whipped cream instead!