The Exedra comments section is an essential part of the site. The goal of our comments policy is to help ensure it is a vibrant yet civil space. To participate, we ask the following of Exedra commenters:
- Please provide a full name and indicate your residence (only your name will be published). Exedra requires that every member use their full, real name on the site. By real name, we mean the first name that you use when introducing yourself to neighbors, friends, and colleagues and your legal last name.
- Comments expressing congratulations or condolences may be published without full names.
- Please expect that all content will be reviewed by an editor before going live. Please allow time for that to happen.
- Listing the name of your business or organization. Business and service information should be added to your Exedra profile.
- Adding educational degrees
- Using initials or an abbreviated version of your last name is always prohibited. Notable exceptions: We recognize that some people are primarily known by something other than their given first name (e.g. Cher, Madonna, “Buster” Posey).
This is a shared community space — please treat each other with respect.
- Please don’t post anything that a reasonable person would consider offensive, abusive or hate speech.
- Please keep it clean. Don’t post anything obscene or sexually explicit.
- Please respect each other. Don’t harass anyone, impersonate people, or expose their private information.
- Please respect this space — don’t post spam or otherwise vandalize the forum.
Note: While we strive to cover everyone in the community and to present diverse voices on civic issues and local news, we reserve the right to pass on submissions (comments, op-eds, surveys, links to websites) that contain factual inaccuracies, are anonymous or do not clearly identify their authorship.
Piedmont Exedra reserves the right to delete comments or content at any time.
This page was updated on October 31, 2022 to reflect current policies and practices.