This is an easy summer salad. Along with a main course — we like grilled salmon or pork — it makes a great side dish.
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 Tbs rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- salt/pepper to taste
- Whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, hot sauce and honey. Set aside.
- Slice zucchini into matchsticks.
- In a bowl put zucchini, carrots, red onion (almonds if using), add the mayonnaise mixture and toss gently. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Best to make a few hours before serving.