I love Summer Solstice — and the entertaining that happens on the longest day of the year. This year, I served this refreshing, flavorful salad highlighting summer’s favorite fruit. Don’t miss the playlist at the end of recipe to complement that summer feeling.
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil + 4 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive reserved for arugula
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 5-pound seedless watermelon, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks chilled
- ½ pound feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 small red onion, cut into half and then cut into thin slices
- 1 cup coarsely chopped mint leaves
- 3 cups of arugula
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, tabasco, pepper and salt.
- In a large serving bowl, combine watermelon, feta, red onion, olives and mint.
- Pour dressing over watermelon salad, tossing to combine.
- Toss arugula with 4 tablespoons of olive oil and a pinch of kosher salt
- Spread dressed arugula across the serving plate and top with watermelon salad. Garnish with more mint leaves and flaky sea salt.
Summer playlist for cooking!
For more salad recipes, check out Katie Goldberg’s instagram @saladsaresuperawesome.