These juicy and tangy cherries adapted from food blog With Food and Love go as well with roast pork as with ice cream. And if you want to mix things up, a nut oil like pistachio or hazelnut is as good as olive oil, too.
- Approx one pound of pitted dark cherries
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon flaked sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh Italian parsley
- Line a small baking tray with parchment paper and preheat oven to 400’F.
- In a bowl, combine cherries, oil, salt, and pepper and toss until blended. Spread onto the lined tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven, and scatter with the parsley.
- Toss to combine and serve warm, or refrigerate and serve chilled.