Salads are super awesome! Including this seasonal one from resident Katie Goldberg. Follow her on Instagram at @saladsaresuperawesome for more delicious and healthy salad options.
- 5 cups of arugula
- ¾ pound strawberries, thinly sliced
- ¾ cup finely sliced red onion (about ½ small red onion)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese grated
- ¼ cup of toasted pine nuts
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- Pinch of kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- To assemble the salad: In a large serving bowl add the ingredients except the pine nuts.
- To prepare the vinaigrette: In a liquid measuring cup or small bowl, combine all of the ingredients and whisk until fully blended. Taste, and add more salt or pepper if needed. The dressing should be nice and tangy, but you can add more honey for balance if desired.
- When you’re ready to serve the salad, drizzle vinaigrette on top, and toss to combine. Top with pine nuts. Serve promptly. (If you’re planning to have leftovers, store the salad and dressing separately and toss before serving.) Stored separately, leftovers will keep well for 3 to 4 days.
Yields 4-5 large salads