This has become a go-to dessert because it is so easy and has as many variations as there are fruits and ice cream flavors. I have used peppermint ice cream and instead of berries, topped with chocolate sauce and crushed peppermint candies. It’s a dessert you can do mostly ahead of time, and you can double or triple without a problem. At the end of dinner all you have to do is pull these desserts out and finish them off with the topping of your choice.
- 1 dozen vanilla meringues ( I like the meringues from Trader Joes)
- 1 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 2 baskets raspberries (any berries will work)
- 1 Tbl. sugar
- 1 Tbl. Chambord
- Wash berries and dry them off. Put them in a bowl and add the sugar and Chambord cover and refrigerate.
- Choose six parfait or wine glasses and crumble 1 meringue at the bottom of each glass. Fill the remainder of the glasses with the vanilla ice cream. Cover the glasses and put into the freezer until you are ready to serve them.
- Once you are ready to serve, top with another crumbled meringues and the raspberries.
- I like to serve them with a piece of chocolate on the side or a lemon cookie.