It’s holiday time! But if you’re feeling cooped up, short on patience and/or in the “I don’t want to cook” mood, here is a simple one-dish dinner that is ready in about 30 minutes. Filling and delicious, it’s easily adjusted to how ever many you are serving.
- 4-5 sausage* links uncooked
- 4 small-medium Yukon gold or red potatoes
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 1 medium apple such as a Fuji
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Cut potatoes, onions and apples into 2″ chunks (roughly 8 pieces per item). Throw these onto a large baking sheet. NOTE: no need to peel apples.
- Add olive oil, rosemary, paprika, oregano, salt and pepper. Toss until the vegetables are fully coated.
- Push the vegetables to the sides of the baking sheet and lay the sausages in the middle. Try to spread everything out evenly so that there can be heat circulation and nothing is overcrowded. This will help things get crisp instead of soggy.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until sausages are done and vegetables are tender.
Serve with a quick tossed arugula or green salad. Enjoy!
NOTE: This recipe can be doubled if you have a crowd but make sure to spread ingredients out over two baking sheets to ensure crispness of vegetables.
*You can use pork or chicken sausages.