When my oldest son went off to Denison University in Ohio where he played football, there never was a tailgate without these yummy treats. Super easy–they don’t require baking, and they travel well. With the PACK 12 opening their football season this weekend, make your own tailgate and give these a try!
- 1 stick unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter + 3 Tbsp
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 12 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 20-24 small pretzel twists
- Line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together butter, 1 3/4 cup peanut butter, vanilla and the sugar until smooth and creamy. Spread the mix with damp hands into prepared pan and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate and the 3 remaining Tbsp. peanut butter in the microwave until melted about 2-2 1/2 minutes. Stop and stir the chocolate a few times while in the microwave. Pour the chocolate mix over the peanut butter layer and press the pretzels into the chocolate.
- Cover and transfer to the refrigerator and chill for at least 1 hour before serving. NOTE: Make sure the bars are really cold and the filling has set before cutting them.