This is a great side dish that you can do ahead of time and just warm up. It pairs well with any type of meat or seafood and is also great for breakfast the next day with fried eggs.
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 2 4 oz. cans Ortega diced green chili’s
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese plus another 1/2 cup for the top
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease (with butter) a 9×13 baking dish.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients (just 21/2 cups of the cheese) and mix thoroughly, season with salt and pepper.
- Spread rice in the prepared baking dish sprinkle the 1/2 cup cheese on top. Bake covered for 30 minutes, uncover and bake about 10 minutes more until cheese is bubbling and lightly brown.