Fall is in the air! This dip is a warm and cheesy and a perfect autumnal appetizer to serve while your pod is watching their favorite NFL game on a chilly Sunday night.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2/3 cup flavorful beer like an IPA or a dark beer
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp paprika for sprinkling on top when serving
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan, add the garlic and cook until the garlic is soft – about 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the flour and cook until a thick clumpy paste forms.
- In a steady stream whisk in the milk and continue whisking until it thickens about 2 minutes.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients one at a time including the salt and pepper, and stir until it thickens.
- Pour into serving dish and sprinkle the top with the paprika.
- Serve with pretzels, celery, apples or chips of your choice.
This recipe was updated 9/25/20 to add flour to ingredients.