As my family has been sheltering-in-place for the past 5 months, we really enjoy making a big Sunday breakfast to sit around the table and read the paper (my parents) or catch up on social media (my siblings and I). You can freeze any remaining pancakes and pop them in the toaster for breakfast or a snack later in the week.
INGREDIENTS FOR PANCAKES:
- 1 cup oats
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 egg whites
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- ⅔ cup blueberries
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Put oats, sliced banana, and egg whites in a blender. Blend until smooth. Add in the cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Mix again.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and add 1 tbsp of oil.
- Scoop the batter onto the pan in any size, but use a spoon to spread the batter out so they are not too thick.
- Add blueberries to the top of your pancakes and press them into the batter.
- Flip once golden brown. Top with almond butter and honey or syrup.
INGREDIENTS FOR ALMOND BUTTER
- 3 cups raw almonds (you can use already roasted and add them right into the food processor, but roasting them yourself will give it a better flavor)
- Pinch of salt
- Optional: honey, maple syrup, vanilla, cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350. Put almonds on a cooking sheet and spread them out so they form a thin layer. Bake for 10 mins, mixing them around half way through.
- Once roasted, transfer to a cool plate or pan and allow to cool. Once warm (not hot), add the almonds to a food processor and mix until they form a buttery consistency. Don’t add anything until you have reached your desired smoothness.
- After about 8 minutes you can add in a pinch of salt, splash of sweetener, or any other flavoring to your almond butter that you like.