Corn season is upon us and this recipe is the perfect diversion from the usual corn-on-the-cob. This casserole makes a delicious accompaniment to all your favorite summer meals or serve with a simple salad for a light dinner.
- 8 ounces Monterey jack cheese, 4 oz cut into cubes, 4 oz shredded
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds fresh corn kernels (about 8 cobs) you can use frozen corn too but make sure it is thawed
- 5 green onions sliced thin, plus a little extra for sprinkling after baking
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper in a large bowl. Pulse 1/2 the corn kernels and the green onions in a food processor to course puree, about 10 pulses.
- Stir pureed corn mixture into flour mixture, add the sour cream, 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese, eggs, melted butter reminder of whole corn kernels, and the cubed jack cheese. Stir until combined. Pour mixture into greased baking dish and sprinkle with the remainder of jack and Parmesan cheeses.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until casserole is slightly puffy and cheeses are golden brown. Let sit 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with green onions and serve.