This is an old family favorite from my grandmother. With blueberries starting to come in season, this dish is a great one for those lazy summer mornings.
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 2 cups unbleached white flour, unsifted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, baking powder, salt, and soda. Alternating, add flour and sour cream. Fold in blueberries.
- Pour into a well-buttered cake pan approximately 9 x 13 by 2 inches.
- For the topping: Cream brown sugar and butter. Add flour to get a semi-dry, lumpy mixture. Spread on top of the batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. The topping should melt and partially sink into the batter.
Source: San Francisco A La Carte