As the stone fruit is hitting the stands, this is a favorite salad for these warm summer days. You can serve as a side, or add protein and make it an entrée. You can substitute any fruit you have on hand for the peaches or nectarines. I have substituted black berries, blueberries and strawberries. Stay cool this week!
- 5 handfuls of arugula or red butter leafed lettuce
- 2 sliced nectarines
- 1 diced avocado
- ½ cup green onions diced
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- ½ cup salted and roasted sunflower seeds
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese
- ½ cup cooked diced pancetta
- Diced grilled chicken or flank steak
- 1 T Champagne vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 T olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk up the vinegar, mustard and salt/pepper in bottom of salad bowl.
- Add arugula, nectarines, avocados, green onion, basil, goat cheese and sunflower seeds. Mix together right before serving.
- You can add the pancetta, chicken or steak to make it more of a entrée. Just double salad ingredients if you plan for this to be your entrée.