If you have tried to make bread or anything that requires yeast in the last few weeks, you know it is almost impossible to find, more difficult even than hand sanitizer or toilet paper. This recipe is super easy and delicious and takes the place of bread. If you don’t have chives, use green onions. These would be a great addition to an Easter dinner.
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 8 Tbs very cold unsalted butter, diced
- 1/2 cup chives or green onions
- 1 cup sour cream or whole greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 425 and line a cookie sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- Pulse the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a food processor until just mixed (2 or 3 times). Pulse in the butter and chives/onions until butter is pea-sized. Pulse in the cup of sour cream until just incorporated.
- Form dough into a 4-by-8 inch rectangle. Cut into eight 2 inch squares and bake until golden 12-15 minutes.