January is the month we all try to undo what we did during the holidays. Many of us want to start the year with eating and drinking less and choosing meals with less fat and carbs. These zucchini fries are easy to make and are low in fat but loaded with flavor. Its a great alternative to french fries on the weekends when you and your family are watching all the football payoffs!
- 4-5 zucchinis
- kosher salt
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 Tbs water
- 2-2 1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- Wash and cut the zucchinis in half lengthwise and then in half again or thirds depending on how large the squash is.
- Lay them on paper towels and generously sprinkle the Kosher salt on them. Let them sit for an hour – this is called ‘sweating’ and the salt draws out the water of vegetables which will make them more crisp.
- After sweating, pat the zucchini dry.
- Cut the zucchini into fry shape.
- Add the water to the beaten eggs and dip zucchini in egg wash then into the cheese and cover with cheese completely.
- Place the zucchini on a cookie sheet that is covered in foil and sprayed with a non stick spray.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes until nicely browned.
- Enjoy and eat guilt free!