With the exciting Super Bowl around the corner, now’s the time to share a favorite dip in our household. This is a huge hit with the teens so I would recommend doubling this recipe as it goes very quickly! Sometimes I omit the blue cheese if I am serving to a younger audience. Not only is this dip delicious it is beyond easy particularly if you use a roasted chicken from the store and pre-shredded cheese. Enjoy and GO NINERS!
- 5 oz (10 T) softened cream cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 T of Franks RedHot Buffalo Sauce (any brand is fine but Franks is our favorite)
- 2 cups of shredded cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 cup minced green onion
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- Tortilla chips or Fritos
- Celery sticks and/or carrot sticks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, Cheddar and Monterey Jack chesses and buffalo sauce in a medium bowl; stir until smooth.
- Fold in the chicken and ½ cup of minced green onions.
- Spoon mixture into a 2 quart(8 inch square) baking dish.
- Bake until hot and bubbly about 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle remaining ¼ cup green onions and crumbled bleu cheese.
- Serve warm with your choice of chips, celery sticks and carrots.