Nothing says Superbowl Sunday like Bloody Mary’s and wings! This recipe combines two classics. It is easy to double and or triple and can be served at room temperature.
- 15 whole chicken wings
- Aluminum pan to place on grill (casserole size)
- 2 Tbs celery salt
- 1 Tbs chili powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp granulated onion
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups tomato juice
- 3 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tbs Tabasco sauce
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Horseradish sauce
- In a small bowl, mix together all rub ingredients. Sprinkle over chicken wings and cover them completely. I like to do this an hour before I grill them.
- Grill the wings (straight on the grill — not on the aluminum pan) on medium heat for 25-30 minutes until they are crisp and golden brown.
- While wings are on the grill mix all the sauce ingredients.
- When wings are crispy and brown transfer to your aluminum pan, pour the sauce over the wings tossing to coat.
- Put the pan on the grill and cook another 25 minutes with grill top closed, tossing after 10 minutes.
- If the pan goes dry add a small amount of beer to keep them from burning.
- Serve with celery sticks or any other Bloody Mary add-ons!