If someone asks you to bring a dessert this fall – here it is! These bars are a great alternative to a cake. They are a delicious dish to serve on your Halloween or Thanksgiving dessert buffet.
- 4 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 15 ounce can pumpkin
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 8 ounce container of whipped cream cheese
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- nutmeg for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 13×10 baking pan.
- Using electric mixer on medium speed, combine eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until light and fluffy.
- In another bowl whisk all dry ingredients together.
- Add dry ingredients to to pumpkin mixture on low speed until combined and batter is smooth.
- Spread batter evenly into greased pan and bake 30-35 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.
To make the icing:
- Combine the cream cheese and the butter in a medium bowl and with an electric mixer mix until smooth.
- Add the sugar and mix on low speed until well combined, stir in vanilla and mix again.
- Spread on cooled pumpkin bars and dust with nutmeg. Cut into bars and serve.