I love serving this dish in early fall because corn is still so delicious. This recipe can easily be doubled and is a great dish to take for a pot-luck because you can serve at room temperature. The key is to use fresh corn and not to over cook it.
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 c chopped red onion
- 1 small orange bell pepper chopped
- 3 Tbs unsalted butter
- 4 cups fresh corn kernels (about 5 ears)
- 2 Tbs each of minced parsley, cilantro or basil, and chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil over medium heat, add onion and cook until it is soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper and cook 2 more minutes.
- Add the butter to the pan and melt; then add corn, salt and pepper and cook 5-7 minutes.
- Season again with salt and pepper, and gently stir in herbs.