As summer starts winding down, here is a great way to use the gorgeous stone fruit that is everywhere right now! You can also add chicken or steak to it to make it a great dinner on these warm summer nights.
Serves 4 to 5 people as a side salad.
- 3-4 handfuls of arugula or red butter leafed lettuce
- 2 sliced nectarines
- 1 diced avocado
- ½ cup green onions diced
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- ½ cup salted and roasted sunflower seeds
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese
- ½ cup cooked diced pancetta
- Diced grilled chicken or flank steak
- 1 Tbs Champagne vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk up the vinegar, mustard and salt/pepper in bottom of salad bowl.
- Add arugula, nectarines, avocados, green onion, basil, goat cheese and sunflower seeds.
- Mix together right before serving.
- NOTE re “optional” meat addition: You can add the pancetta, chicken or steak to make it more of an entrée. Just double salad ingredients if you plan for this to be your entrée.