The perfect end to a summer meal! With peaches and blackberries in season, this is a delicious way to wow your guests or family with this very easy dessert. You can substitute for nectarines or blueberries/raspberries to switch it up or use what you have on hand.
- 1 1/2 pounds peaches (about 3), pitted, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch thick wedges
- 2 cups blackberries, picked over and rinsed (if prefer to leave out the berries, then just double the amount of peaches)
- 1 Tbs cornstarch
- 2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 3/4 stick (6 Tbs) cold unsalted butter, cut into bits
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped lightly toasted pecans
- Vanilla ice cream for serving
- In a large bowl toss the peaches and blackberries gently with the cornstarch, lemon juice, and the granulated sugar until the mixture is combined well.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour, brown sugar, oats, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add butter, blending the mixture until it resembles coarse meal, and stir in the pecans.
- Spread the peach mixture in a 13-by 9-inch baking dish
- Sprinkle the pecan mixture evenly over it and bake the crisp in the middle of a preheated 350 oven for 40-45 mins, or until the top is golden.
- Serve with ice cream.