Looking for a quick and easy summer appetizer? You can serve this on a platter or board as shown in the picture above or put it in a gratin dish. You can be flexible with the toppings as well. It’s a great way to clean out the pantry!
- 2 containers of hummus (traditional or white bean)
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 cup of roasted red peppers chopped
- 1 cup of kalamata olives chopped
- ½ cup cucumber diced
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbled
- ½ cup pine nuts toasted
Optional additions or substitutions:
- ½ cup of diced pepperoncini peppers
- ½ cup of diced artichoke hearts
- Tzatziki sauce drizzled over the top
- ½ cup of diced hearts of palm
- ½ cup of chopped fresh dill or basil
Spread the hummus as a base. Then layer each topping over the hummus. Make sure toppings are diced small enough that you can use a chip to scoop it up easily. You can put as much or little of each topping as you prefer. Serve with pita chips.