Need a quick and very easy appetizer for the holidays? Originally sourced from Instagram, this recipe has been a crowd pleaser in our home. All ingredients are easy to keep on hand and it will take you no more than 30 minutes start to finish. For a bigger gathering, you can press together two packages of cheese into one bigger disc.
- 1 package of Boursin Cheese
- Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- Spicy honey
- Chopped rosemary (fine to sub out for thyme or basil too)
- Pomegranates or chili flakes
- Sliced pears or apples
- Crackers — I like Raincoast Crisps or homemade crostini
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Set out two small bowls. Put the beaten egg in one and panko in the other. Season the panko with salt and pepper to taste.
- Take the Boursin out of the foil and press to create a disc. Dip the cheese into the egg and make sure to coat the sides, top, and bottom. Then, gently press all sides of the cheese disc into the panko. Put on a cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until the panko looks golden.
- Put cheese a serving dish and drizzle with honey, sprinkle with herbs, and add pomegranate seeds on top.
- Serve with sliced fruit and crackers.