Whether you’re planning a dinner party or simply craving a refreshing, make-ahead meal that satisfies both your taste buds and your appetite for variety, Chicken Cobb Salad is a go-to culinary companion. This fresh variation on the traditional recipe leaves room to add/delete ingredients as desired.
For more salad ideas, follow “SaladsAreSuperAwesome” on instagram.
- ¾ pound of spring mix
- 6 hard boiled eggs cut into quarters length-wise (I prefer mine jammy – 6 min cook time)
- ¾ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup thinly sliced radishes
- ½ cup sliced red onions
- 3 avocados, cubed
- 2 cups of roast chicken, shredded (I usually pick up rotisserie chicken at the farmer’s market.)
- ¾ cup crumbled blue cheese
For the dressing:
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon aged sherry vinegar, plus additional, as needed
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoons honey
- 3 sprigs thyme, washed and stripped
- 1 large clove garlic, finely grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the dressing, add all of the dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk together.
- Assemble salad ingredients on platter or large bowl.
- Add 1/2 of dressing to salad and mix. Add more dressing as desired.