NCL Oakland-Piedmont Joins Forces with Dress Best for Less for its Annual Philanthropy Day this Saturday
The National Charity League (NCL) Oakland-Piedmont Chapter is collaborating with Dress Best for Less (DBFL), a non-profit thrift store that has been supporting our schools and communities for many years, for NCL’s Annual Philanthropy Day. A recent fire in DBFL’s storage facility has left their inventory very low. NCL Oakland-Piedmont will hold a pop up community donation drive on Saturday, Oct. 21 from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. to help bolster DBFL’s inventory.
NCL mothers and daughters will be ready to accept and sort your donations at Havens Elementary Gate, then deliver to DBFL. No need to park, just pull up at the school drop off zone on Highland Avenue and we will take care of the rest!
DBFL accepts a wide variety of clothing and household goods (click HERE to view acceptable donations), however they have a wish list for the fall/winter season.
Fall/Winter Donation Requests (please check that items don’t have any rips or chips, pulls or stains, marks or missing buttons/snaps, etc):
- Women’s Tops (these are our top sellers at the store!)
- Wool or Cashmere Sweaters
- Winter Dresses & Skirts
- Winter Jackets (leather, women’s wool blazers, trench coats, etc.)
- Women’s Boots (new or close to new leather boots, rain boots, UGGs, etc.)
- Vintage Items (our younger shoppers love quality vintage clothing)
- Designer Items (any good quality designer items in any category)
- Jewelry (gold, sterling silver, statement necklaces or other high-quality jewelry)
- Home Decor (sets of wine or highball glasses, small home decor items, etc.) • Artwork (high quality framed pieces; vintage posters)
- Kitchen Gadgets & Small Appliances (KitchenAid, Cuisinart, Breville, Vitamix, etc.)
- Handbags & Purses (brands like Kate Spade, Coach, Furla, Michael Kors, Tory Burch, etc.)
See you Saturday, Oct. 21!
Havens Elementary School (drop off zone)
323 Highland Avenue, Piedmont
9 a.m – 3 p.m.