The National Weather Service issued a Red Flag Warning on Friday, saying that gusty offshore winds and low relative humidity starting Saturday morning and lasting through Sunday evening will create conditions for fires to easily start and spread.
- Sign up all your devices for AC Alert.
- Leave your phone on to receive alerts even if you are sleeping. Don’t use the “do not disturb” mode during high-risk weather.
- Put your go-bag by the front door.
- Plan multiple evacuation routes, including two by foot.
- Park off-street. Back your car into your driveway or garage, leaving streets clear for emergency vehicles.
Red Flag Warnings are an early indicator of fire risk. They are not as severe as “Extreme Fire Weather” days, rare conditions underlying many of California’s most destructive fires.