This is a quick and easy weeknight dinner, and so delish you’ll like it better than take-out. For garnishing, offer mint, cilantro, maybe bean sprouts, or whatever you like.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek or Sriracha, plus more for serving
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 scallions, white and pale green parts only, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground chicken
- Kosher salt
- Bibb lettuce leaves, lime wedges, and tender herbs (garnish for serving)
- Mix soy sauce, sambal oelek, brown sugar, and fish sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add scallions and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened (a little color is okay), about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken and lightly season with salt. Cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon and tossing occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, 5-7 minutes.
- Add reserved soy sauce mixture and cook, tossing occasionally, until liquid is almost completely reduced, about 2 minutes.
- Serve chicken mixture with lettuce, herbs, lime wedges, and more sambal oelek for making lettuce wraps.