This dip is a family favorite that comes from my mother’s recipe collection. Often served as an appetizer for Easter dinner, it’s a great way to make use of those Easter eggs collected during the egg hunt. You can serve with veggies or crackers or combo of both. My traditional garnish is green onions and toasted sliced almonds, or you can top with paprika and dill.
- 8 water chestnuts, chopped
- 6 peeled hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup (quantity depends on your taste) mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp mango chutney
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tsp curry
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Garnish of sliced almonds and additional chopped green onion
- Optional paprika and/or dill, for sprinkling on top
- Combine all ingredients and blend well.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator until ready to use. Garnish with toppings of choice before serving. Makes 2 cups.