From a City of Piedmont press release on Jan. 13:
The Piedmont City Council will consider a package of proposed temporary changes to parking and circulation in the civic center area on Tuesday, Jan. 17 at 6:00 p.m. These proposals are intended to mitigate the loss of 57 parking spaces in the area due to pool construction, including 20 “Permit A” spaces and 21 spaces reserved for City employees.
The proposed changes would:
- Convert Bonita Avenue between Vista and Oakland Avenues to one-way traffic towards Oakland Avenue
- Convert existing parallel parking on Bonita Avenue between Vista and Oakland Avenues to diagonal parking, creating 10 new spaces
- Remove two bus stops on Highland Avenue near the Sheridan strip and add diagonal parking
Details of the proposal are available in the agenda materials:
Give feedback on proposed changes
The City Council will consider this proposal at its next meeting:
Tuesday, Jan. 17, 2023 6:00 p.m.
City Council Chambers, Piedmont City Hall (120 Vista Avenue)
Community members can provide feedback on the proposed changes in advance of the meeting by email or speak at the meeting virtually or in-person:
- Email: Send comments to email@example.com
- Comment remotely: Join the meeting on Zoom at https://piedmont-ca-gov.zoom.us/j/86233381014
If approved, the new configuration would remain in place until pool construction is complete, which could happen as soon as summer 2024.