This easy-to-prep side dish makes a terrific complement to a roast turkey or any holiday spread.
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup fresh pomegranate seeds (e.g. POM Fresh Pomegranate Arils)
For the vinaigrette:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the halved Brussels sprouts on a parchment lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Transfer the baking sheet into the oven and roast for 25-30 minutes until the sprouts are fully cooked and the edges are crispy.
- Remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper until well combined. Add the roasted Brussels sprouts to the vinaigrette and top with the pomegranate arils. Toss to combine and serve immediately.