This is a great salad for our warm autumnal days and helps prolong the summer vibes. It has the perfect combo of savory and sweet. You could make it more substantial by adding chicken or salmon.
For more salad ideas, check out @SaladsAreSuperAwesome on Instagram.
- 4 cups of spinach
- 1 cup of strawberries quartered
- ½ cup of baby tomatoes halved longwise
- ¼ cup of thinly sliced red onion
- Handful of whole leaf mint leaves
- ¼ cup of julienned basil
- ½ cup of crumbled goat cheese
- ¼ cup of toasted pine nuts
- 1 large shallot, peeled and finely minced (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- Vinaigrette: Combine in a bowl, whisk all of the ingredients together vigorously for 1 minute or until fully emulsified. (Or alternately, vigorously shake the ingredients together in a covered mason jar until fully emulsified.)
- Salad: Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl and add enough dressing to wet the leaves but don’t over-saturate (less is more!) and toss gingerly.