This is an easy — and show-stopping — accompaniment to your Labor Day BBQ. All you have to do is roast a batch of cherry tomatoes and serve them along with a good burrata. Add some homemade pesto, if you are feeling ambitious (or a good quality store-bought), and your favorite toasts or crackers. This is also perfect topping for grilled chicken or fish.
Note: This recipe also works with regular-sized tomatoes, diced and seeded, as well.
- 2 (10oz) containers of cherry tomatoes
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- A few sprigs of thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A few basil leaves to add color
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, toss together tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until tomatoes are soft and fragrant.
- Cool and put into a mason jar if using as a condiment for your burrata.
- When ready to serve, top with some chopped basil leaves for color. If you have leftovers, the tomatoes are easy to lengthen with a bit of chicken or veggie stock in order to enjoy over grilled chicken or fish.