The ultimate fudgy brownie that’s also gluten-free, egg-free, and can easily be made dairy-free too. Guittard “Sante” chips are delicious in this brownie. For a vegan option, use Enjoy Life mini chips.
- 1 can of black beans (15 oz)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- ½ cup unsweetened quick-cooking oats (not minute oats or flavored packets)
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar (white or coconut sugar both work well)
- ¼ cup mild vegetable oil, like avocado or safflower
- 2 tsp good quality vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 8” x 8” brownie pan or a 9” round cake pan.
- Drain and thoroughly rinse the beans.
- Combine beans, cocoa, oats, syrup, sugar, and oil in a food processor or Vitamix-style blender and mix until just combined.
- Add vanilla, baking powder, and salt and blend until smooth and creamy and no bean lumps remain.
- Scrape batter into a bowl and stir in chocolate chips, reserving a handful for decoration.
- Now scrape batter into the cake pan. Tap the pan on the counter to level the top of the batter. If necessary, wet a spatula and gently pat the top of the batter to flatten.
- Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips over the brownie, gently pressing into the batter.
- Cook for 18 minutes, then set aside to cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Slice when cool and store, covered, in the refrigerator.