This is a great EASY and QUICK dinner for a hot summer night! It’s gluten free and takes a total of 20 minutes.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely diced yellow onion
- 1 pound ground turkey (preferably dark meat)
- 1 (1/2-inch) piece fresh ginger finely grated ( I add a bit more)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- ¾ cup unsweetened full fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup matchstick carrots
- 8 large butter lettuce leaves
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the onion, ground turkey, ginger and garlic and cook, breaking up the meat with the back of a spoon, until the turkey is cooked through and browned, about 5 minutes or so.
- Add the salt curry powder and cayenne powder (if using) and cook, stirring for 1 more minute.
- Add the coconut milk, and raisins, stir to combine, and cook until the coconut milk is heated through and coats the meat, 2-3 minutes.
- To serve, sprinkle matchstick carrots in the bottom of a lettuce leaf, add a big scoop of curried turkey, and top it all off with a few cilantro leaves.