Summer is here! This refreshing and healthy recipe is always a crowd pleaser especially on a hot day. Bonus: it can be done in advance and tossed together right before serving.
- 6 ounces Japanese Soba Noodles
- 2 cups julienned carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- ¼ cup green onions sliced on the diagonal
- ¾ cup of shelled edamame cooked
- 2 dozen large shrimp cooked
- 1 red lettuce head broken into bite sized pieces
- Peanut Dressing (see recipe below)
- 2 tablespoons roasted and salted peanuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 small garlic clove, finely grated
- Lime slices for garnish
- Peanut Dressing: Whisk together the peanut butter, lime juice, honey, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, sambal oelek, ginger and garlic in a small bowl. Thin out with a little water until a nice spoonable consistency.
- Boil the soba noodles in a large pot of salted water and cover for 5 minutes until al dente, then drain and rinse under cold water to cool.
- Add the carrots, shrimp, edamame, green onions, parsley, basil, mint and red lettuce to the bowl with the noodles.
- Add the Peanut Dressing and toss to coat the noodles and vegetables. Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with the chopped peanuts and garnish with limes.
For more summer salad ideas, visit @saladsaresuperawesome on instagram.