The Piedmont Planning Commission conducts an annual Design Award Program to recognize Piedmont property owners who have done an extraordinary job of planning and designing their construction and landscaping projects. From a list of projects that completed construction the previous calendar year, the Commission chooses a select number of superior designs that meet the City’s design and planning guidelines and exemplify the highest level of design excellence in the community.
The recipients of the 2022 Piedmont Design Awards are as follows:
An award for Outstanding Comprehensive Remodel goes to:
- Property owners of Crest Road residence,
- Their architects, TGH Architects,
- Their landscape architect, Site Studio, and
- Their contractor, Kasten Builders
An award for Outstanding Prefabricated Accessory Dwelling Unit goes to:
- Property owners Cynthia and Jason Villaluz of 1546 Oakland Avenue,
- Their designer and contractor, Adobu.
An award for Outstanding Detached Accessory Dwelling Unit goes to:
- Property owners Ruth and Fred Brosseau of 1661 Grand Avenue, and
- Their architect, Carrie Shores Diller, and
- Their contractor: McDunn Construction, and
- Their consultant, Adam Morales
An award for Outstanding Residential Remodel goes to:
- Property owners Van Huynh and Tammy Lam of 630 Blair Avenue,
- Their designers, Michael Waxman and Alex Hodgkinson of MN Builders, and
- Their project manager, Dave Levine, and
- Their carpenter, Doug Woolf.
The City of Piedmont Department of Planning and Building is also pleased to announce the first Sustainability Awards in 2022.
A Sustainability Award for Green Infrastructure goes to:
- Property owners and design team of Crest Road residence.
A Sustainability Award for Outstanding Sustainable Design in Solar Roofing goes to:
- Property owner Jesse Nelson of 3 Nace Avenue.