Here is a more healthy approach for your Super Bowl menu and still a crowd pleaser. Easy to make and serve. You can prepare each wrap separately or set it up salad bar style and let “your team” pick their own favorite toppings.
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- sea salt and black pepper
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into thin matchsticks (¼ inch)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups of Arugula tossed lightly w/olive oil, lemon juice and a pinch of salt
- ¼ red onion cut into slices
- 2 Persian cucumbers sliced into rounds
- 4 flour tortillas
Avocado Dipping Sauce
- 2 large avocados, halved and pitted
- ½ cup lightly packed fresh cilantro
- ½ cup basil
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 1 small jalapeño, seeds and ribs removed, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons water, more as needed to thin
- Dash of red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Using a spoon, scoop the flesh of the avocados into a food processor or blender. Add the cilantro, basil, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, jalapeño, water, and salt. Blend until creamy. Add more water if it is too thick.
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- In a bowl, toss together the chicken with 2 tablespoons olive oil, the garlic, paprika, cumin, chili powder, chili flakes, and a pinch of salt.
- On a large baking sheet, toss together the sweet potatoes with 2 tablespoons olive oil, seasoned salt, and a pinch of pepper. Bake 15 minutes. Push the potatoes to one side of the pan, arrange the chicken on the other side. Add the lemons. Bake another 15-25 minutes until the chicken is cooked and the potatoes are crispy.
- Meanwhile, make the Avocado Dipping sauce. Chop the cucumbers and slice the onion. Toss the arugula with olive oil and lemon.
- To serve, spread the avocado sauce onto a tortilla. Top with chicken, sweet potatoes, cucumbers, red onions and arugula. Enjoy!
Check out @SaladsAreSuperAwesome on Instagram for more salad ideas.