Here’s a new and different twist on the traditional leftover turkey soup. Made with coconut milk, this has a Thai green curry broth which is loaded with leftover shredded turkey, shiitake mushrooms and noodle-like bean sprouts. It only takes 25 minutes to make!!!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ medium onion, thinly sliced
- 5 ounces shiitake mushrooms, cut in half
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 inch piece of ginger, julienned
- 8 cups homemade turkey stock
- 2 cups shredded cooked turkey meat
- 1 15oz can coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons green Thai curry paste
- 2 tablespoons coco aminos (you can substitute soy sauce)
- 2 yellow bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 3 cups bean sprouts
- Juice of 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro – to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add the onions and cook until they begin to soften. Add the shiitake mushrooms and cook 5 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the turkey stock, shredded turkey, coconut milk, curry paste, and coco aminos (or soy sauce) and bring the pot to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers and cherry tomatoes to the pot and let them simmer for 1 minute. Remove the pot from the heat and add the bean sprouts and lime juice.
- Season to taste with salt and garnish with cilantro. Enjoy!