Halloween is not only for trick or treating for the kids, but it’s also a time when friends drop by. This is an easy snack to have on hand that not only celebrates the season — but is always a crowd-pleaser. If you serve in a pumpkin, it looks like you’ve gone to a lot of work for something that took minutes to prepare.
- 1 container (10 oz.) store bought hummus (I like Sabra caramelized onion for this recipe).
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tsp Allspice
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 2 Tbs toasted pine nuts or pumpkin seeds for topping
- 2 Tbs minced parsley or cilantro for topping
- If using Sabra’s caramelized onion version, remove the onions from the top of the hummus and set aside.
- Mix hummus, pumpkin, allspice, chili powder, cinnamon, garlic powder and salt and pepper in a bowl thoroughly.
- When ready to serve, top with the onions, nuts, and herb of choice. I like to serve this with veggies, pita chips or tortilla chips. Hot tip: serve in a pumpkin!