This salad can be made ahead for your backyard BBQ and is full of protein for your vegan guests. You can also add any leftover chicken, steak or salmon on top of it the next day. This salad keeps three days in the fridge — just bring to room temperature and toss before serving. Enjoy!
- 2 (150z) cans of cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered if large
- 1/3 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, halved
- ½ cup diced red & yellow or green peppers for color
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2- garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- ½ tsp fine salt or adjust to taste
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Place quartered tomatoes, halved olives and cannellini beans in a large salad bowl. Remove thicker stems for the parsley and chop the leaves.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk them well.
- Add parsley and dressing to the salad and toss well to coat.
- Taste and adjust as necessary until the flavors really pop. You may want to add more lemon or salt or olive oil according to your taste.
- Leave the salad to rest for 30 minutes, or make the day ahead and bring to room temperature and serve. Enjoy!