The City of Piedmont is looking for a few talented volunteers to serve on the Pedestrian and Bicycle Advisory Committee which will assist in the preparation of the City’s updated Pedestrian and Bicycle Master Plan (PBMP). This process is expected to begin in October 2020 and go through May 2021.
The efforts of the Pedestrian and Bicycle Advisory Committee will focus on assisting staff and City consultants with the development of the PBMP Update, specifically in reviewing and providing feedback on the following materials:
- Community needs assessment.
- Draft action plan of recommendations.
- Opportunities for public participation and input regarding the draft action plan of recommendations.
- Public draft of the PBMP Update document.
- Opportunities for public participation and input regarding the public draft of the PBMP Update document.
In establishing this committee, the City Council called out two specific groups it is looking to see represented on the Committee, in addition to residents:
- Piedmont High School and Millennium High School Students Residing in Piedmont
- Current or Former Members of the Planning Commission, Public Safety Committee, and/or CIP Review Committee
Interested residents may view the City Council resolution establishing the Pedestrian and Bicycle Advisory Committee, download the Application for Appointive Vacancy, and/or apply online on the City’s web site at https://piedmont.ca.gov
Residents wishing to apply must take one of the following two actions on or before the posted deadline of Friday, September 25, 2020. Postmarks will not be accepted for paper applications:
- Complete and return the paper application form —OR
- Apply online
Interviews with the City Council for these positions will be scheduled for the evening of Wednesday, September 30, 2020. No appointments will be made without a Council interview.
Residents with questions are invited to contact the City Clerk’s office at (510) 420-3040.
Please contact Assistant City Administrator / City Clerk City of Piedmont, John Tulloch.
City of Piedmont
120 Vista Avenue
Piedmont, California 94611
Phone: (510) 420-3040
Fax: (510) 653-8272