This is a light and refreshing cocktail that’s perfect as the days warm up and get longer. The more ripe the strawberries, the better, so a great way to use those strawberries that are a day or two past their prime. The lemongrass paste can be found in most grocery stores herb sections.
- 3-4 ripe strawberries, sliced
- 2 oz of lime juice
- 3-4 basil leaves, torn
- 2 tsp of lemongrass paste
- 2 oz of Tito’s vodka or brand of choice
- 1 tsp of agave or maple syrup
- Lime seltzer water (I like the Key Lime La Croix but you can use any brand of lime seltzer)
- Cut up strawberries and put in cocktail glass. Add torn basil leaves. Muddle until it becomes mushed and juicy.
- Add the lime juice, lemon grass paste, vodka and agave/maple syrup. Mix and taste.
- You can make adjustments at that point and sweeten it up with more syrup or make it more citrusy with the lime juice.
- Add ice and top off with the lime seltzer.
- Garnish with whole strawberry, piece of basil and/or lime slice.