This is a simply, yet elegant and interesting weeknight meal. Even the fish averse in your family are likely to enjoy!
- 3 Tbs coconut oil or canola oil
- 1 medium onion diced (red, yellow or white), about 1 cup
- 2 Tbs fresh peeled and diced fresh ginger or 1 Tbs minced ginger jarred (prefer The Ginger People brand)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup white miso
- 2 cups unsweetened full-fat coconut milk
- 1 1/2 lbs salmon without skin, cut into 2 inch pieces (prefer sushi-grade)
- 5 oz baby spinach (about 5 cups)
- Steamed basmati rice for serving
- In a large pot, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium. Add onion, ginger and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add miso and cook, stirring frequently, until miso is lightly caramelized, about 2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook until liquid is slightly reduced, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in salmon, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer gently until just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Serve over basmati rice. Serves 4.