Here is a super easy, comfort food that the whole family will love — can be made for either lunch or dinner. A nice change-up from the red sauce standard.
- 8 6″ tortillas
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 T. butter
- 3 T. flour
- 1 (8 oz.) tub sour cream
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chili peppers, drained
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- sliced pitted back olives
- chopped tomatoes
- sliced green onions
- Wrap tortillas in foil. Heat in 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes until softened.
- For sauce: Cook onion, garlic, coriander, pepper & butter in a large saucepan until onion is tender. Stir flour into sour cream. Add to onion mixture. Stir in chicken broth and green chili peppers. Cook, stirring until thickened & bubbly. Remove from heat. Stir in 1/2 cup of cheese.
- For filling: Stir 1/2 cup of sauce into chicken. Fill each tortilla evenly with mixture & roll up. Arrange rolls (seam side down) in a greased 12x8x2 baking dish. Top with remaining sauce.
- Bake (covered) in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Continue baking (uncovered) about 5 minutes more for cheese to melt. Sprinkle with olives, tomatoes and green onions.
- Let stand for 10 minutes. Makes 4 servings