Having so much time at home, I have had time to go through old recipes. I found one for broccoli salad from my maternal grandmother and updated it. It can be made ahead of time – in fact it’s better the next day.
- 2 large heads of broccoli chopped (about 1.5 to 2 lbs)
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds or toasted pine nuts
- 5 oz chopped and cooked pancetta (about 5 pieces cut on the thicker side so when cooked resembles cooked cubes)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or dried cherries chopped
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbs mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 Tbs Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl combine the broccoli, red onion, almonds, pancetta, and cranberries.
- In another bowl whisk together yogurt, mayo, mustard and vinegar.
- Pour dressing over the broccoli mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- Store in refrigerator until serving.