Calling all pickleball aficionados, this season’s schedule is as follows:
Tuesdays: 10:00 am – 12:30 pm @ Linda-Beach tennis courts
Wednesdays: 12:30 – 3:00 pm @ Hampton Field tennis courts
Thursdays: 10:00 am – 12:30 pm @ Linda-Beach tennis courts
Fridays: 12:30 – 3:00 pm @ Hampton Field tennis courts
Saturdays: 10:00 am – 1:00 pm @ Middle School badminton courts
Sundays: 1:00 – 4:00 pm @ Middle School badminton courts
- Sunday afternoons at Linda Playground are discontinued.
- PMS is located at 742 Magnolia Ave, Piedmont. You can park on Magnolia or surrounding streets. The badminton courts are down the hill behind the school; take the steps down to the right of the gym. Alternately there is a parking lot off El Cerrito Ave leading to Witter Field and you can walk up; this lot is likely full on weekends. Water and a bathroom are nearby.
- There are six courts at PMS so there should be ample space. If people are waiting, normal rotation is 2 on and 2 off. Winners stay on for another game and then come off. Keep games to 11. If there is a horde of people waiting make games to 8.
- Beginner’s: Besides our Sat 10am introductory classes, there is Wed at 6pm at Alameda’s Lincoln park for beginner games. Another excellent source is Tuesday at 5:30pm at Bushrod where the intrepid Darlene helps beginners.
- Always yell “Ball on” if a ball enters your court or you hit into another court. Stop play and return the ball.
- Do not coach another player unless you were asked or your offer to coach is accepted.
- Wear shoes designed for tennis. Bring hat/cap, sunblock and water.
- Only use paddles on the approved list and the City supplied Onix type balls. Nomex and Fiberglass paddles are not approved. Loaner paddles are provided.
- Piedmont staff will set up/tear down nets and player help is encouraged. If no staff person is present then all players help set up and break down the nets. This is standard at PMS.
- Please use the limited bench space for sitting — they are not storage shelves.
- Email Rick (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to be added to the Piedmont Pickleball Google Group.