- This event has passed.
Understanding and managing BRCA-related cancer risk
March 28, 2019 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pmFREE
Join the Basser Center for BRCA at the University of Pennsylvania and Congregation Beth El of Berkeley for an important discussion about the experience of living with BRCA mutations and hereditary cancers. These mutations affect all populations but are found 10 times more frequently (1 in 40 people) among Ashkenazi Jewish men and women. A panel of experts in the field will discuss genetic counseling and testing, preventative care and navigating through the challenging decision-making and medical management options faced by mutation carriers.
– Dr. Susan Domchek, Basser Center Executive Director
– Dr. Samantha Langer, Kaiser Permanente Breast Surgeon (and Beth El member/BENS mom)
– Dr. Allison W. Kurian, M.Sc./Associate Professor Stanford University School of Medicine
– 2 community members impacted by these issues (Jennifer Brand and Alyson Kaldis)
– Moderated by journalist Jill Werman Harris
7:30 – 9:00pm: Panel Discussion and Q & A
9:00 – 9:30pm: Meet and greet with panelists
The event is free to the public with registration. Register here.