Our Tahoe crew came up with this crowd-pleaser. You can marinate the chicken and prepare the Greek salsa the night before if you would like. These bowls are great for big crowds and especially nice for guests to tailor to their own liking. (Please note you can use quinoa or rice if you are gluten-sensitive.) Just set it up like a taco bar and let each person build their own. Feel free to simplify and use a purchased rotisserie chicken. You can also be flexible with what toppings you want to add based on personal preference or ingredients on hand.
- 2 cups of dried couscous
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (full fat)
- 1⁄4 cup virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2 lemons, zested
- 1 T white balsamic vinegar
- 2 T fresh oregano chopped or 2 tsp dried
- 6 medium garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
Roasted Lemon Potatoes:
- 10 red new potatoes, diced
- 2 T olive oil
- Juice of half of lemon
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 red onion or shallot, minced
- 1⁄2 cucumber peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 T fresh mint, chopped
- 2 T fresh oregano, chopped
- 3 T olive oil
- 3 T red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- (4) 6-inch pitas cut in fourths and separated
- Olive oil
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Roasted red peppers
- Kalamata olives, chopped
- Artichoke hearts, chopped
- Garbanzo beans, rinsed or hummus
- Pepperoncini, chopped
- Container of tzakiki
- Mix marinade ingredients and marinate chicken for a minimum of an hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut the potatoes into quarters and place in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic; toss until the potatoes are well coated. Transfer the potatoes to a sheet pan and spread out into one layer. Roast in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until browned and crisp. Flip twice with a spatula during cooking in order to ensure even browning.
- While potatoes are roasting, mix all of the ingredients of Greek salsa. Prepare the couscous by following the instructions on the back of the package.
- Cut pitas in fourths and separate. Lay pitas flat on baking tray and brush with olive oil and sprinkle grated parmesan on top.
- Grill the chicken and cut up into strips once cooked. Assemble the remaining ingredients.
- Once potatoes are done, put pitas in the oven and bake until the cheese is melted and pitas are toasted, which should be approximately 10 minutes depending on your oven.